The word sleek gets thrown out a lot by keyboard companies but honestly it really is the first word that jumps out at you when you look at the XKey. CME have trimmed off every piece of fat they could come up with but left the most important, a keybed that is actually nice to play.
While most companies tend to use going smaller as a chance to cheap out CME have made a beautiful keybed with poly after touch and 25 full size keys. Using poly after touch gives chords rich expression and allows you to come up with some amazing possibilities. The XKey
Is also velocity sensitive so no matter where you are you get a chance to really play and express your music the way you want to.
Trimming the fat doesn't mean completely getting rid of everything. Nestled out of the way of your playing fingers and on the side are the Octave Change, Pitch Bend, Modulation, and Sustain function buttons.
618 grams! Yes you read that right 618 grams! lighter than an iPad! This means you can take this puppy anywhere and with the ability of being powered off USB from lets say a laptop or using your own connection kit and hooking up to an iPad, you will have the XKey powered WHEREVER you go. Being so slim line at only 16mm high means the XKey can fit into any laptop bag or hey why not try a jacket pocket?
- Professional velocity sensitivity and polyphonic aftertouch.
- 25 standard size keys, ultra slim and light design.
- Usb powered, firmware updatable via usb, ready for new features.Configurable via Xkey Plus free app for iOS, Mac OSX, and Windows
- High resolution pitch bend modulation button with continuous midi control data octave +/- and sustain buttons.
- Compact package (388 x 135 x 16mm) and only weighing 600g.